MuckyNutz: Bender Fender
The Bender Fender is the latest fender reincarnation: just slightly thicker at 0.3mm to be precise. You could consider it a ‘heavy duty’ model (at 22g), although it’s not exactly hefty.
It’s thicker to improve durability, so it’s better at tackling a fall or those pesky pine cones when they get pulled through by the wheel. So if you prefer the downhill and wooded trail this is the one for you.
Here’s a reminder of the Bender Fender’s plus points: –
It stops any muck, horse, cow and dog s*** from being flung into your face.
- It is fitted as close as possible to the knobbly bits for optimum ‘muck’ catching.
- It protects your fork stanchions and brace from getting caked, reducing the need for cleaning and servicing.
- Discretion is its middle name. It’s small but effective. Don’t just take our word for it! There’s loads of positive chit chat on the forums and in the online mags.
- It’s the lightest mudguard available!!
- Uses hook and loop straps to attach to the brace and stanchions, so it’s easy to fit and take off.
- It’s compatible with all forward and double sus brace designs.
- It can be used as a rear shock guard on some full sus arrangements.
- When off, it’s easy to clean as it’s flexible and opens flat. Simply wipe it and you’re done!!
You can even find it on Mark Weir’s Pro bike!!!!!