MuckyNutz: Bender Fender
The Bender Fender is the latest fender reincarnation: just slightly thicker at 0.3mm to be precise. You could consider it a ‘heavy duty’ model (at 22g), although it’s not exactly hefty.
It’s thicker to improve durability, so it’s better at tackling a fall or those pesky pine cones when they get pulled through by the wheel. So if you prefer the downhill and wooded trail this is the one for you.
Here’s a reminder of the Bender Fender’s plus points: –
It stops any muck, horse, cow and dog s*** from being flung into your face.
- It is fitted as close as possible to the knobbly bits for optimum ‘muck’ catching.
- It protects your fork stanchions and brace from getting caked, reducing the need for cleaning and servicing.
- Discretion is its middle name. It’s small but effective. Don’t just take our word for it! There’s loads of positive chit chat on the forums and in the online mags.
- It’s the lightest mudguard available!!
- Uses hook and loop straps to attach to the brace and stanchions, so it’s easy to fit and take off.
- It’s compatible with all forward and double sus brace designs.
- It can be used as a rear shock guard on some full sus arrangements.
- When off, it’s easy to clean as it’s flexible and opens flat. Simply wipe it and you’re done!!
For more info read this independent review by Bikeradar.com, or this independent review by Muddymoles.org.uk, or this one by NSMB.com.
You can even find it on Mark Weir’s Pro bike!!!!!